Thursday, April 23, 2009

25 Years ago

Now I could have sworn, a little earlier this evening, I heard a bit on the radio marking today as the 25th anniversary of the the day scientists discovered the virus that causes AIDS.
I know the media doesn't let a little thing like "Fact" get in the way of reporting a story so it comes as no surprise that I can't find anything else about this date and AIDS research anywhere.
Whether it is or isn't an anniversary doesn't matter I suppose but what's kind of gnawing at me is that there is still no cure.
Hell, we don't even hear about advancements anymore...do we?
(Let's not forget exactly how big that rock is that I live under)
It only stands to reason I suppose....I mean, let's face it...there's no money in curing diseases.
Unless it's ED of course.......

No comments: