Friday, January 9, 2009

2009 Boston World Of Meh....

Per tradition I went to "Set up" night at Boston's World of Wheels last night, even though the last time I ever set anything up in that show George Bush Sr. was president.
Now, I don't know if it's because this is the third "Last year in this location" or if the economy is to blame, but it was awfully quiet.
Sure, there were a few "usual suspects" but not like years past.
It was kind of weird.
Cars were dirty and just kind of "parked".
Not really what you'd expect for an indoor show.
Now, I know I can be a fussy prick but it seemed like people were just kind of phoning it in.
I did notice there's a lot of silver and black cars....so I guess that's "In" these days.
It's the new green.
Anyhow, my overall impression is the show is now a case study for the wrong wheel combination.
Who told these people 18" wheels and hardly any sidewall looks good?
Everything looks like a giant Hot Wheels.
Here's a few pictures of some of the decent stuff there.
I get the feeling any other pictures I post from last night are going to be under titles like, "Why?" and "WTF?"




2 comments:

the good captain said...

Did you bump into Captain Lou Albano?

Imgone said...

Intersting, I'm sure you also noticed a lot of cars with radial tires that just didn't look right. :)