Thursday, July 23, 2009

I can't be the only one

Ever rediscover things you already own?
I'm in the midst of packing but wanted to take a few minutes to set this up again.
An old music stand from the Gene Krupa Orchestra that I've had for probably 15 years now.
It's not the cheapest thing I've ever bought, nor the most practical, yet my only regret is not buying more of them, or the taller one the bass player would use.




We really need more product names like this one....it's an Ever-Glow!

What struck me as, I dunno, odd about these things (even more so than the uneven lines on the badge, they were all like this yet all different) was exactly how much heat these bulbs generate.

I can't imagine sitting behind this night after night in a suit, playing music and not sweating like a pig.


I often wonder how much sheet music went up in flames.....which is the only way a stage full of these things could look any better.


Yeah, I own stuff like this yet....I don't own a couch.
What the hell is wrong with me?

1 comment:

missinglink said...

That`s some pretty cool stuff .
No couch ?! You`ll be saying you don`t own a Nintendo WEE next!