Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I've never posted this? Really?!?!?

I've had an E-Bay account since 1999.
I opened the account with hopes of finding something specific, or at least, related to a specific event....and it wasn't until earlier this year that I finally found something.
When I was a kid my Grandfather would always talk about the racing that would happen at the now long gone Weymouth Fairgrounds.
They'd use the same track for horses, cars, motorcycles and from what I've been told, they never ended well.
Especially for the horses.
So, with the advent of E-Bay, I figured someone, somewhere had to have some kind of tangible evidence of all this.
Photos, a poster, flyer, anything.
For years I searched and found nothing.
It was getting to the point where I'd have been happy to find something related to the BMX track that even I raced on in the early 80's.
Well, the wait was worth it.
Finally, earlier this year I found this program.
Now, I've been told they stopped any kind of motor racing before The War & through a little bit of inter tube sleuthing I'm gonna guess this is from 1941?




Eesh, they kind of scanned like crap.
At some point, I'll re do them.
In the mean time, you'll have to take my word for it....for a 68 year old document its like brand-new.

No comments: